We recently congratulated our Vice President of Production on his retirement after 38 years at Ben Machine, so you won’t be surprised to hear that we’re hiring. We are, however, hiring five different positions! No, it’s not going to take five people to fill Ivan’s shoes -not quite. But Ben Machine is growing!
CNC Jobs and More
Take a look at the careers page on our website. We always have listings for open positions, but we have extras right now. We’ve been investing in new shop equipment and systems, so it only stands to reason that we’d have new openings for CNC machinist jobs and more. Here are some of the rewarding jobs available right now:
- The Estimator will be quoting CNC machining and sheet metal fabrication jobs, with full break-downs of process times, material costs and finishing.
- The CNC machinist is expected to set up jobs, tooling, etc. on 3 and 4-axis vertical mills, as well as all the other tasks required to operate these mills.
- The Senior 5-axis CNC Machinist will be responsible for running 5-axis mills, including tooling, setups, and initial QA on the machines.
- The CNC lathe hand position involves running a high-end CNC lathe. You’ll be expected to set up live tooling, set up jobs, grind tools, and all of the standard aspects of running a CNC lathe.
- The CMM Inspector position entails the inspection of our complex components using sophisticated, programmable CMMs with 5-axis Renishaw PH20 probing heads.
- The Receiving and Final Inspector will undertake the important role of confirming that outside services and final product meet all of the requirements of the customer.
- The Deburrer position is responsible for safely deburring freshly-milled parts via hand, tumbling, and sandblasting. Experience or know-how in microscopic burr inspection helps.
Ben Machine as a Place to Work
These are not entry-level positions; we are looking for people who have five or more years of experience in the various specialties. All of the positions pay very competitive wages -some hourly and some salaried.
Comprehensive Employee Benefits
Ben Machine also provides an extensive list of benefits for its employees. All of our employees enjoy full medical with drug and dental coverage, including long-term disability and a mental health component. All positions include a share purchase program and paid gym membership. Some positions also include additional benefits.
Not all positions require college degrees. For a lot of positions, we find life experience is as valuable as class training. Military experience is also a great way to tell us you’ve got the chops for these jobs.
Employee Retention and Opportunities for Growth
Ben Machine has very low turnover. The average amount of time employees stay with us is well over the industry average. And employees have real opportunities to advance their careers with us, since we do promote from within. As we’ve discussed previously in this space, Ben Machine is committed to diversity, equality, and inclusion. We want to hear from you!
Security Requirements and Workplace Location
Ben Machine is registered under the Controlled Goods Regulations of the Defence Act. All employees are required to sign a confidentiality agreement and pass a security check as a condition for hiring. All positions require in-person work at our Vaughan, Ontario facilities.
How to Apply and Stay Informed
We post every job opening on the website and you can let us know of your interest in a position there on the listing page. You can also sign up to receive notifications for future announcements.
Ben Machine would love to have you join our team if you think you have what it takes!
Other Articles You Will Be Interested in Reading: